Where The Wicked Read.... My Spot To Talk About, Review, Share My Love Of Books, and Anything Else That Comes To Mind..

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday's poem...Our Souls Have Touched Each Other .. By. Mathilde Blind

Our Souls Have Touched Each Other

Our souls have touched each other,


Two fountains from one jet;

Like children of one mother

Our leaping thoughts have met.



We were as far asunder

As green isles in the sea;

And now we ask in wonder

How that could ever be.



I dare not call thee lover

Nor any earthly name,

Though love's full cup flows over

As water quick with flame.



When two strong minds have mated

As only spirits may,

The wold shines new created

In a diviner day.



Yea, though hard fate may sever

My fleeting self from thine,

Thy thought will live for ever

And ever grow in mine.

Mathilde Blind

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so feel free to comment all you like :)