Where The Wicked Read.... My Spot To Talk About, Review, Share My Love Of Books, and Anything Else That Comes To Mind..

Friday, July 23, 2010

A Thoughtful Friday..

I was sitting here on my day off thinking of all the many things I need to get accomplished this weekend. While I was sitting here contemplating how I should approach each obstacle, two of my favorite quotes from passages I have read came to mind. I would like to share them with you....

Worth Living

Three passions have governed my life:

The longings for love, the search for knowledge,

And unbearable pity for the suffering of [humankind].


Love brings ecstasy and relieves loneliness.

In the union of love I have seen

In a mystic miniature the prefiguring vision

Of the heavens that saints and poets have imagined.


With equal passion I have sought knowledge.

I have wished to understand the hearts of [people].

I have wished to know why the stars shine.


Love and knowledge led upwards to the heavens,

But always pity brought me back to earth;

Cries of pain reverberated in my heart

Of children in famine, of victims tortured

And of old people left helpless.

I long to alleviate the evil, but I cannot,

And I too suffer.

This has been my life; I found it worth living


~Bertrand Russell~


If I Had My Life To Live Over

If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time. I'd relax; I'd limber up. I would be sillier than I have been this trip. I would take fewer things seriously. I would take more chances. I would climb more mountains and swim more rivers. I would eat more ice cream and less beans. I would perhaps have more actual troubles, but I'd have fewer imaginary ones.


You see, I'm one of those people who lived sensibly and sanely hour after hour, day after day. Oh, I had my moments, and if I had to do it over again, I'd have more of them. In fact, I'd try to have nothing else. Just moments, one after the other, instead of living so many years ahead of each day. I've been one of those persons who never goes anywhere without a thermometer, a hot water bottle, a raincoat, and a parachute. If I had it to do over again, I would travel lighter than I have.

If I had my life to live over again, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. I would go to more dance; I would ride more merry-go-rounds. I would pick more daisies. -

~ Nadine Stair ~

I know after reading them, you can understand why they are two of my favorites.

Have a Fabulous Weekend My Friends!! :))

1 comment:

  1. Tawania, Beautiful!!! I will print both of these and read them on a regular basis! Very inspiring! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so feel free to comment all you like :)