Where The Wicked Read.... My Spot To Talk About, Review, Share My Love Of Books, and Anything Else That Comes To Mind..

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tuesady Is Poem Day! Is This The Price Of Love by Joseph Cotter Jr.







Never again the sight of her?



Never her winsome smile

Shall light the path of my journeying

O'er many a weary mile?

Never again shall her soft voice come

To cheer me all the while?

O Thou, who hearest from above,

Tell me, is this the price of love?



Never again the touch of her lips?

Never her dark, brown eyes

Shall shine on me with the dancing joy

Of stars in the summer skies?

Never again shall my song be aught

Save minor chords of sighs?

O Thou, who hearest from above,

Tell me, is this the price of love?




~ Joseph Cotter Jr. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so feel free to comment all you like :)