Where The Wicked Read.... My Spot To Talk About, Review, Share My Love Of Books, and Anything Else That Comes To Mind..

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Recipe Saturday - Gingerbread (YUM!)

Hi All,

Fall is one of my favorite seasons of the year, I love to see the leaves turning colors. I also love the weather, and most of all the comfort foods. Ever since I was a very little girl, my grandma baked gingerbread this time of year. It's a simple dessert, but it always had the house smelling heavenly, and it taste so good. I remember those days coming home from school, and having a warm piece of gingerbread, and a ice cold glass of milk waiting for me. I remember those days fondly, and I'm lucky enough to still have my grandmother around still making gingerbread. I wanted to share her recipe with all of you, I hope you will give it a try.


Gingerbread
Prep Time: 20 mins Total Time: 48-58 mins Servings: 16



Ingredients:



1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour


1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon


3/4 teaspoon ground ginger


1/4 teaspoon ground allspice


1/4 teaspoon ground cloves


1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg


1/4 teaspoon baking soda


1/4 teaspoon salt


1/2 cup mild molasses


1/3 cup milk


1/3 cup sugar


1/4 cup butter, melted


1 egg


Powdered sugar (optional)
 
Whopped Topping (optional)
 
 
Directions:
 
 
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour one bundt cake pan or  2 mini (53/4x3-inch) loaf pans.

2. Combine flour, spices, baking soda and salt in small bowl.

3. Combine molasses, milk, 1/3 cup sugar, butter and egg in medium bowl; beat until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture. Beat, scraping bowl occasionally, until well mixed.

4. Pour batter into prepared Pan or pans. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes for bundt pan, or 28 to 33 minutes for mini loaf pans. The cake is done when toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely. Before slicing, sprinkle with powdered sugar, or top with whipped topping.

Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so feel free to comment all you like :)