Where The Wicked Read.... My Spot To Talk About, Review, Share My Love Of Books, and Anything Else That Comes To Mind..

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Recipe Saturday - Bananas Foster French Toast

Hello My Lovelies,

Happy Saturday! As you all know I'm a Caterer, and food is my thing. I love to cook all different kinds of food, but cooking for breakfast and brunch are my favorite meals to prepare. This week I thought I would go with breakfast for the featured recipe. I love French toast, and I'm always looking for different ways to prepare it. This is a old favorite for my family, and my clients. It's simple to prepare, and you can make it for breakfast or brunch. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do..

Bananas Foster French Toast
Prep: 5 min Cook: 10 min Total: 15 min




Ingredients


4 large eggs


1 cup heavy cream


1 teaspoon ground cinnamon


8 tablespoons butter, divided


8 large croissants, halved


1/2 cup dark corn syrup


1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar


1 cup maple syrup


1 cup chopped pecans


6 ripe bananas, halved crosswise and lengthwise


1 teaspoon rum extract
 
Directions
 
1. In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs, cream, and cinnamon. In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Dip 4 croissant halves in egg mixture to coat both sides. Using a fork, remove croissants from egg mixture, letting excess mixture drip off. Place croissant halves in hot skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Repeat procedure with remaining butter and croissant halves. Set aside and keep warm.



2. In a large skillet, combine corn syrup, brown sugar, maple syrup and pecans. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer for 2 minutes. Add banana halves and rum extract. Coat with the syrup mixture, and simmer 1 minute. Spoon over French toast. Serve immediately.

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious! I'm going to make it one morning for my family! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Now can you come over and make it for me??

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so feel free to comment all you like :)