Where The Wicked Read.... My Spot To Talk About, Review, Share My Love Of Books, and Anything Else That Comes To Mind..

Thursday, October 7, 2010

It's Thursday... What are you reading?

Hello My Darlings,

It's Thursday again, and I want to know what everyone is reading this week. I went crazy picking up new releases, I blew my whole monthly book budget on them. It's OK though, It was worth it... I think. I probably won't feel like that on Tuesday when more new releases come out, but HEY I'm OK with it right now. So.. Tell me, what new books did you get this week?

This is what I'm reading..

The Sun Sword The Sun Sword by Lexxie Couper

Blurb:

She has the power to bring new life…or utterly destroy it.
Torin Kerridon, the last warrior from an ancient order, is drawn to an abandoned, dying Earth, where he finds a forgotten young woman. A woman forged by the Immortals to wield the ultimate weapon—the Sun Sword. A woman capable of commanding the power of the suns. A woman with no past and no memory, the body of an angel and the spirit of a demon. He will train her. Prepare her.


Hunted all her life, Kala Rei has endured more than one woman should. Sheer grit, and a dangerous skill with a lead pipe, are the key to her survival. But nothing threatens her sense of safety more than dominance-oozing Torin. He wants her, but not for what’s between her legs. For what he believes her to be—some ludicrous savior from some absurd prophecy. No matter…his offer to take her away from Earth is too good to refuse.


But when a savage desire begins to burn between them, both Torin and Kala are in danger—and so are the worlds of man.


I had to pick this book up after Lexxie told our Samhaincafe yahoo group that this was her most controversial book. I am really enjoying it so far, but I must say this story is not for the faint of heart. I so can't wait to review this one for all of you.


I am also reading...

A Touch of Greek (Out of Olympus #1)A Touch of Greek (Out of Olympus #1) by Tina Folsom


Blurb:

Selfish and gorgeous Greek God Triton is cast out of Olympus after seducing Zeus’ mistress and can only gain reentry if he finds a woman who loves him for his kindness and selflessness, not his beauty. When the mortal Sophia – recovering from an eye operation and virtually blind – needs a home healthcare worker, he takes on the role, hoping she will be his ticket home.



While defending Sophia from an unknown adversary, Triton’s protective instinct emerges. At the same time rival Gods do everything to doom him to failure. And even if Triton can win Sophia’s love, will he throw it away to return home, or will he lose his own heart to the only woman who truly sees him?


A Touch of Greek is the first book in the humorous and sexy paranormal romance series Out of Olympus following the romantic adventures of four Gods: Triton, Dionysus, Eros, and Hermes.

I really enjoyed Ms. Folsom's Scanguards Vampire series, I am so behind on posting reviews, but I do have my notes, and the reviews are coming soon. I enjoyed her Vampire series so much, that I jumped at the chance to read this book.

So.. As you can see I have a lot of reading to get done, and a lot of reviews to write. Btw.. Have I mentioned how much I love to read books, and write reviews? Well, If I haven't told you before I'm telling you now, I love doing this!

Last but not least, a reminder of things I have going on this week..

Guest blog & Giveaway with Author C. Fern Cook.

Ms. Cook is offering the first three books in her Wild Series to one lucky commenter, for details and to enter go HERE

Win a copy of Safe Harbor by Moira Rogers, for details and to enter go HERE

Well, that's my rundown.

What Are You Reading?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the kind words on my Scanguards Vampires. I do love them myself. And my Greek Gods too - but they are a completely different breed ... less brooding and more fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so feel free to comment all you like :)