Where The Wicked Read.... My Spot To Talk About, Review, Share My Love Of Books, and Anything Else That Comes To Mind..

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Recipe Saturday - Chicken Alfredo Skillet

Hi All,

It's Saturday, and recipe time again. The recipe I chose for this week is for Alfredo lovers. I love Chicken Alfredo, and when I make it, I usually try to make my Alfredo sauce myself homemade. When this recipe showed up in my inbox a few weeks ago I was skepticle, but it seemed easy enough and perfect for a week night meal when you don't have a lot of time. I prepared it using store bought Alfredo sauce, and it was delicious. This recipe is perfect for the working mother or father who needs something quick and easy for dinner. Here is the recipe..

Chicken Alfredo Skillet
Prep time: 20 min, Total time: 40 min, Makes: 4servings



Ingredients:
2 cups uncooked rotini pasta (6 oz)
1tablespoon olive oil
2lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin slices for stir-frying
2medium zucchini, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced (2 1/2 cups)
1small onion, chopped (1/3 cup)
2cloves garlic, finely chopped
1jar (16 oz) Alfredo pasta sauce
1jar (2 oz) diced pimientos, drained
1/4cup grated Parmesan cheese
2tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, if desired


Directions:


1. Cook rotini to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain; cover to keep warm.

2. Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook and stir 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.

3. Reduce heat to medium. To same skillet, add zucchini, onion and garlic; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Add cooked chicken and Alfredo sauce; mix well.

4. Add cooked rotini and pimientos; cook and stir just until hot (do not boil). Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.

5. Serve with garlic bread.

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

I love comments, so feel free to comment all you like :)