Where The Wicked Read.... My Spot To Talk About, Review, Share My Love Of Books, and Anything Else That Comes To Mind..

Saturday, July 27, 2013

VBT: BOOK SPOTLIGHT - BOUND TO ME BY. JEANNETTE MEDINA


BOUND TO ME 
BY
JEANNETTE MEDINA




Blurb 

A girl with nothing else to lose. A life that's brought nothing but pain. A tattoo that's more than what it seems.
 
Eighteen-year old Veronica has had enough. Her alcoholic mother has only delivered a slew of abusive step-fathers and life is only getting harder. What was to be a simple tattoo for her birthday brings more than she ever imagined. Liam is a shape-shifting dragon. He lives on her shoulder, watching her, helping her. Having the dragon come to life and teaching her courage becomes a new lifeline for Veronica. But Liam will eventually become a permanent tattoo on her skin - never to take the shape of the protector she became attached to. Will she embrace her life or will a broken heart shatter her soul forever?



Bound To Me - Excerpt ©JeannetteMedina2013

Mouth hanging slightly open, Ben right then looked like a man who had just seen God.“What’s the matter Ben, you look like you've seen a ghost? Or is it because you lost your nerve to hit me again?” I ask, this time his mouth closed and opens again looking like a fish out of water, he has his eyes trained behind me in shock. So I knew for a fact it wasn’t me who made this man scared shitless. A girl can only dream right?

“Human, why the look of surprise?” a male voice said behind me.

See funny thing is, it was the same voice as the dragon in my dream, and I felt like if I turned around right


now my world would turn completely upside down. Time stood frozen and it felt like forever before I turned around, two point five seconds later I faced the voice behind me. A dragon was not standing there, but a gorgeous naked guy with skin that has been kissed by the sun and blessed by the gods. I had to look up at him to see his face, and boy was this man tall, about 6’3 and lean with muscles to die for, not bulky like a wrestler. No, this man had a lean, swimmers body and yes I said man because he was far from a boy. His eyes, oh my god! His eyes were dragon eyes, red as rubies with a slit for a pupil. His hair was a brownish blonde, which curled at his ears. He was a God.

“Oh my world, what the hell did I get myself into?” It was the only response that came out of my lips.

“Hello Veronica, did I not tell you, you were mine to protect?” Liam, my dragon can turn into a man. Go me! He took a step forward and grabbed Ben by the collar and slammed him back against the wall. “You come near Veronica again or her mother I will char the skin off your bones where you stand you vile human, do you understand that? She belongs to me, and I do not like what is mine to be touched, I have killed for less than that before, so consider this your final warning.” Liam said then lets him go.

Ben shook his head in agreement. “Yes-Yes I understand.” Then hauled ass down the steps and never looked back again. All you could see was a cloud of dust.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so feel free to comment all you like :)