Where The Wicked Read.... My Spot To Talk About, Review, Share My Love Of Books, and Anything Else That Comes To Mind..

Thursday, June 24, 2010

It's Thursday... What are you reading?

Hi All,

It's Thursday again, and time for my weekly reading update. Can you believe June is almost over? Seriously these days are flying by, if I don't stop and catch my breath the month will have passed right by me.

So... This is what I'm reading this week....

Farthest Space: The Wrath of JanFarthest Space: The Wrath of Jan.. by: Ellen Fisher

From the back of the book...

Captain Steven T. McNeill, famous explorer and even more famous playboy, finds himself stranded on an remote planet, alone except for his gorgeous, lavender-haired first officer Vaish and a neurotic computer named Fred.


Steven has worked with Vaish for years, yet never really noticed her. But as they face deadly dangers that include the threat of starvation and large, hungry saber-toothed cats, Steven begins to realize how much he admires Vaish's mental and physical attributes.

The galaxy's biggest playboy can't really fall in love... can he?

I have to admit I'm on page 110 of this book, and I am LOVING IT! I can't wait to find out what happens. Ms. Fisher has created a story that keeps you hooked from the first paragraph. I'm totally excited to be reading this book.

I am also reading..

Kiss Me Deadly (Silhouette Nocturne)Kiss Me Deadly (Silhouette Nocturne) by: Michele Hauf

From the back of the book...

Death cocktail is what the vampires call a witch's blood. It's poisonous a drop will destroy a vampire within minutes. Nikolaus Drake is the rare vampire who has survived his first taste. Now he's on the hunt for the witch who almost brought him to his demise -- Ravin Crosse.


A witch who spends her nights hunting vampire tribes, Ravin has three obligations to fulfill to set her soul free. One of those obligations crafting a love spell twists her world upside down when Nikolaus draws the spell from her veins. Natural enemies rarely make the best bedfellows but is it possible their intentions are really, truly the same? Can Nikolaus's tribal loyalty survive if he surrenders to desires far darker than his own?

I had started reading this book, then I lost it so I started reading something else. I finally found it in the trunk of my car (I so don't know how it got in there), so I picked it back up. This is the first book I have read by Michele Hauf, but it certainly seems promising and I can't wait to dive back in.

So.. That's my Rundown for this week..

What Are You Reading?

4 comments:

  1. I'm reading a Carina Press book for review called Hunters. It's a futuristic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Kiss Me Deadly and the sequel was good too. I almost oopsied and put a spoiler in my comment!!...ackk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marlene, you will have to let me know how Hunters turns out. I have really been getting into the sci-fi/futuristic romances lately.

    Karen, I can't wait to finish reading Kiss Me Deadly. Thanks for letting me know about the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. This popped up on a Google search and totally made my night. I'm very glad you're enjoying my book! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so feel free to comment all you like :)