Where The Wicked Read.... My Spot To Talk About, Review, Share My Love Of Books, and Anything Else That Comes To Mind..

Thursday, November 21, 2013

SPOTLIGHT: IN FLAMES BY JESSICA JAYNE

* SPOTLIGHT*
IN FLAMES
BY
JESSICA JAYNE


Can you help who you fall in love with? Do you believe in second chances in love? Can heartbreak and loss make a forbidden romance acceptable? These are all questions I asked myself when Matt and Gracelyn’s story came to me.  In Flames is a story about two people, Gracelyn and Matt, that experience a tremendous loss in their lives and struggle to pull themselves back together. But they do and they do it together.
  
When you’re in your early twenties, life can appear to be at your fingertips. We sometimes feel invincible. But life carries on and before we know it life happens. You may get married. Have children. Work at your career. But we all experience hardship. We all experience loss. When we do, when our life changes immensely, what do we do? Where do we turn? How do we carry on?

Both Gracelyn and Matt carried on in my head for months while I was writing this story. Many times I found myself having conversations with them, trying to figure out what it was they wanted told. I think the greatest thing to come from their creation for me is that it’s not just time that heals all wounds, it’s love.


This year Evernight Publishing is having their First Annual Readers’ Choice Awards. Though stunned, I’ve been nominated for two awards: Favorite Author and Best HEA (Happily Ever After) for In Flames. My nominations were surprising to me because Evernight has so many great authors on its list and so many great books. And though I would be more than excited to win Favorite Author, the most meaningful nomination for me is actually Best HEA because Matt and Gracelyn touched my heart and I want people to root for their happiness. I truly love the characters in In Flames. Please vote for Matt and Gracelyn’s HEA here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EvernightAwardsFinalVote



Blurb: 
Gracelyn Riley married a firefighter.  She knew that came with risks.  But she never imagined herself widowed in her early thirties with two children to care for on her own.

As a fireman, Matt Riley was at the scene when his brother, Chad, was killed.  He suffered greatly from survivor’s guilt and depression after the accident.

The last year has been difficult for both Gracelyn and Matt.  They’ve relied on each other to get through the tough times.  With the anniversary of Chad’s death upon them, Gracelyn and Matt once again turn to each other for comfort and support.  They find it in each other’s arms (and bed). 

Will their desire for each other consume them?  Can they overcome the guilt and scrutiny to find love again…together?



Excerpt:
“Is this why you’re here, Gracey,” Matt asked.   He took a step closer to her.  “Did you come here to scold me some more?  To tell me to grow up?  To question how I feel about you?”  His hands grabbed her by the shoulders and pressed her against the side of his truck bed.   She gasped.  He stood mere inches from her.  His mouth watered to taste her.  Her sweet strawberry scent enveloped him and made him a little lightheaded.  “Or did you come here with hopes that I would slam you against my truck, hike up your dress and sink deep inside you with my now rock hard cock?”  Gracelyn inhaled sharply at his words. 
                Matt lowered his mouth harshly on hers.  His lips molded to hers until his tongue was able to push through her lips.  He thrust his tongue deep into her mouth… exploring and tasting her.  One hand weaved into her hair and held her head still so he could continue to explore her mouth just the way he wanted.  Her arms wrapped around his neck.    His other hand slid down her side and inched up the skirt of her dress.  Gracelyn moaned softly as his hand made contact with her thigh.  Slowly, his hand edged up her thigh to her pelvis.
                “You don’t fucking disappoint, do you, Gracelyn?”  He groaned into her mouth as he felt no panties on underneath her dress.  His fingers grazed over her mound.  “Did you have panties on at Brier Hill?  And you better answer that with a yes.” he said penetratingly.  The idea that she ran around in a dress to a work social function with no panties on both infuriated and excited him.
“Yes,” she said breathlessly.  Her legs spread a little.
                “So this no panty situation is just for my benefit?” he whispered.  She nodded her head slightly.  He smiled.   He loved the idea that she came to him with no panties in the hopes of getting fucked.  She was hot… for him!  That thrilled him!  He slid a finger between her soft folds.  She gasped.  “Jesus Christ, you are so wet.”  His cock twitched in his shorts.   He had to have her.  If he walked away from her at this moment, he would surely lose his mind.  His mouth found hers again.  And he kissed her deeply.  Her hands raced down his chest to his shorts.  She slid one hand down and inside his shorts and freed him.  “Is. That. What. You . Want?” he asked between breaths and kisses.
                “God, yes,” she cried.

Buy Links: Evernight     Amazon      ARe      Bookstrand   


ABOUT JESSICA



I am a born and raised small town Ohio girl, who moved to the Sunshine State after graduating from college. I graduated with a bachelor's degree in English because I could not imagine doing anything else but reading and writing. It is such a pleasure to be able to share all the stories in my head!

In the journey of life, I also became a wife and a mother of three children. So, life is always an adventure. But the love of writing has never died.

My favorites:  I love to read and write... obviously! But I also enjoy all sports, especially college football and the Ohio State Buckeyes!  Go Steelers!  Go Rays! I LOVE to travel... LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to travel. And I love sharing my love to travel with my children. I love to drink Teavana teas! I love a good glass of wine, especially if it comes from a bottle made by the FOOLS wine club… yep, I’m a member of that!    I love hanging out with my family and my friends!  Big fan of music, but love nothing better than putting on my jean shorts, tank top, cowboy boots and hat and watching Tim McGraw belt it out!  I’m a sucker for a cowboy hat! 

Favorite quote:  “If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.”

Find Jessica Here:



Pinterest:  http://www.pinterest.com/thejessicajayne/boards/

Twitter:  @JessicaJayne13




1 comment:

I love comments, so feel free to comment all you like :)